- US Dollar - USD (Change)
How to Make a Speech
Below you will find links to pages that will give you tips about how to make your speech. Each page includes a section on what to say, often more important what not to say and how to end your speech.
In general the following will also help
- Put your speech on numbered cue cards for professional presentation.
- Speak clearly and distinctly. It's no good giving a fascinating speech if no one can hear it!.
- Make sure there is enough light for you to see you speech
- Take some deep breaths before you start to calm your nerves.
- Personalise your piece. Everyone likes to hear a true story. Then practise, practise and practise!
- If you use a microphone hold it about nine or ten inches away from your mouth. Don't swallow it! Make sure the microphone is free-standing so your hands are free for your cue cards.
- Leave them laughing. A funny incident is always popular.
- Make it short. Your audience should want to hear more not less.
Specific How to Instructions
- Best Man Speech
- Groom Speech
- Father of the Groom Speech
- Father of the Bride Speech
- Retirement speeches - from the person who is retiring
- Retirement speech by a colleague of manager
- Wedding Anniversary Speeches- to couple by a guest
- Wedding anniversary speech from the couple
- Birthday speeches - to celebrant or by a guest
- Birthday speech - from celebrant
- Motivational Speeches
- After Dinner Speeches
- Armed Forces Speeches
- Award Speeches
- Bar Mitzvah Speeches
- Business Speeches
- Charity Fund Raising Speeches
- Conference Speeches
- Eulogy Speeches
- Graduation Speeches
- Informative Speeches